Position: Maintenance Officer
Location: Inchinnan / Hybrid working
Full-time: 35 hours per week
Salary: EVH Grade 7: £36,860-£40,475
- 40 days leave (inclusive of statutory leave)
- Flexible/Hybrid/Blended Working
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
Bridgewater Housing Association is a registered social landlord based in Erskine. We manage 860 mainstream, sheltered and extra care properties, together with 500 lock up garages and provide a factoring service to 2700 owner occupiers. We also manage the largest Care & Repair service in Scotland covering Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, and Inverclyde.
We are looking for a self-motivated, competent Maintenance Officer to work within our Property Services Team, to deliver a high quality Repairs Service across the Association’s portfolio of residential developments. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work within a vibrant, modern, working environment with the opportunity to put your stamp on the role.
Key duties will include:
- Carrying out pre and post inspections of repairs
- Instructing, liaising, and working with multiple contractors
- Monitor and manage contractor performance and contracts
- Liaise and engage with customers on repairs
- Work with different teams within the Association to achieve results
- Resolving repair and contractor complaints
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to Degree, HND, HNC or equivalent level in an appropriate professional discipline.
- Be motivated and inspire team members to achieve excellent results.
- Have excellent, effective communication and people skills with a positive outlook and commitment to our customers.
- Show initiative and take ownership of tasks.
- Have excellent IT Skills with an interest in improving IT systems for the benefit of customer services.
- Proven track record of delivering positive outcomes within a Repairs and Maintenance environment
Experience of working in a Housing Association environment is an advantage but not essential. A Driving licence and the use of your own transport is required, for this permanent post.
The Maintenance Officer will join the Property Services Team, working to ensure our service is of a high quality and our stock is well maintained. We wish to be a dynamic and innovative Association and believe we offer excellent services to our customers. This post will be subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
The post offers excellent terms and conditions, including flexible hours, 25 days annual leave, 15 public holidays and access to the Scottish Housing Association Pension Scheme. Normally based in our new office in Inchinnan, the post will accommodate home based working and will involve a blend of home and office working.
The Job Description and Person Specification are available on our website https://bridgewaterha.org.uk/recruitment. To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you meet the job specification and your suitability for the role. CV’s received without a covering letter will not be considered. All CV’s and letters need to be received no later than 10am on Monday 5th February 2024 with interviews being held on Friday 16th February 2024. To submit your completed application or if you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org