Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take me to get a house from Bridgewater?

We only get around 50 empty properties a year to re-let, and a third of these are sheltered or extra care. This means that unless you have a high priority for housing, we may not be able to offer you a house. Also, not many of our larger properties come up for re-let, so even with a high priority, applicants may have to wait a while.

For this reason, we will always encourage applicants to consider housing with other landlords so that they can maximise their opportunities for being re-housed.

Where am I on the housing list?

Unless you have an A+ priority for housing, your position on the waiting list can change as people with higher needs could be placed in front of you.

To find out where you are on the housing list, simply phone or email us, but please be aware that your position will be subject to change. If you would like an interview with a member of staff about your prospect of being re-housed with us, then please get in  touch.

What do I do if I fall behind with my rent?

If you are having difficulties paying your rent, please contact your Housing Officer to talk things over and make an arrangement to get your payments back on track. Myra Buchanan covers North Barr and Bargarran. You can call Myra on 0141 814 5162 or e-mail Mark Wilson covers Park Mains, Barholm Drive and Crescent and can be contacted on 0141 814 5164 or Whatever you do, don’t put it off.

If you need  help and someone to talk to about credit card debt, loans and so on, then call the Advice Works Helpline on 0300 300 1238. You could also visit their drop-in service at Erskine Library on Fridays 9am-11am.

What can Bridgewater do about antisocial behaviour?

  • We will take positive and decisive action to  deal with cases of anti-social behaviour.
  • We believe that our tenants have the right to the peaceful enjoyment of their homes.
  • This applies equally to owner occupiers who may be affected by antisocial behaviour from Association tenants
  • You can also report antisocial behaviour to Renfrewshire Council’s Nuisance Helpline (freephone 0800 169 1283  – 9.00am to 10.00pm)  or the Police (phone 999  for an emergency, 101 for non emergencies).

We will deal with anti-social behaviour by:

  • Investigating all incidents of antisocial behaviour
  • Working in partnership with tenants, the police, Renfrewshire Council’s Antisocial Investigations Team ( ASIST), mediation services, Social Work Department and other organisations.
  • Taking any necessary action against the perpetrator(s).
  • Following good practice.

If you are having problems with a neighbour, or feel that you are the victim of antisocial behaviour, then contact your Housing Officer right away.