Housing Benefit

If your income is low, or your circumstances have changed (maybe through working less hours or giving up work) you may qualify for Housing Benefit. This service is run by Renfrewshire Council.

To apply, all you have to do is fill in a form, and provide the documents that are asked for (such asĀ  pay slips). You can fill in a formĀ  at our office, or contact Renfrewshire Council direct at Private Sector Benefits, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley. Telephone: 0300 3000 204.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) have developed an on-line Benefits Adviser Service, which offers benefit advice and financial support for customers. The site is really informative and easy to move around. It covers things like:

  • Benefits and help going back to work
  • Caring for someone
  • Disability
  • Changes that affect your benefit
  • Benefits in retirement.

The site can be found at: