Transfers & Exchanges


If your circumstances have changed, and you need a different size or type of house, you can apply to us for a transfer to another Bridgewater house.

Please refer to the section on How to Apply for Housing for more information.

If you need help to fill in your application form, or would like to meet with our Housing Assistant to talk about your application or find out more about your prospects of being re-housed, please ‘phone or email the office to set up an appointment. Appointments are generally held on Thursdays.


You might consider swapping houses with another Bridgewater tenant, or with a tenant of another housing association or local authority. This is called a mutual exchange and you will need to obtain our consent in writing if you and the other party or parties would like to progress this. Please speak to our Housing Assistant for more information.

Bridgewater is a member of ‘HomeSwapper’, a national mutual exchange matching website. So that you can maximise your chances of finding someone to swap with, simply register online at free of charge. If your entry to the website is approved, you will be able to view information about tenants within and out with Renfrewshire who are also looking for an exchange. The service searches for all possible matches everyday and then sends you alerts by email or text message.

If you don’t have access to the internet, you could consider accessing HomeSwapper at the local library, internet cafes or through family and friends.