Bridgewater will carry out the majority of repairs in your home, however, there are some small things for which you are responsible.  A list is available on the MyBHA Customer Portal.  You are also responsible for your white goods, such as fridges and washing machines, unless they have been provided for you by Bridgewater Housing Association as part of a furnished tenancy. 

As a tenant, you are responsible for items that you damage, such as windows, kitchen doors and so on or where items are damaged by flooding to your home.   If you have Contents Insurance, you may wish to claim on your insurance.  If it is vandalism caused by someone else, we can assist, but you will need a crime reference number from the Police.

You are responsible for painting and decorating in your home.  

Owners Factored by Bridgewater

As you know, as owners, you are responsible for all the repairs in your home, however, if we factor the block where you live, Bridgewater may carry out the work and recharge you in your factoring bills.  You can report communal repairs via the MyBHA customer portal.